Help me, I'm a late adopter.
How do I learn new programming languages and start using modern web apps without getting frustrated and angry?
I was full-time technical trainer for years (I still do it freelance). I've also taught all sorts of classes to people aged two to eighty. Yet reading your long, well-written* question, I still feel I don't have enough information to help.I'm grappling with "Why don't I like learning new things?" Many adults have this feeling. Usually, it's because learning (which is a joy to infants and young
children) becomes tarnished in school. It becomes un-fun, and from then on people associate it with pain. Also, painful or not, you were forced to do it in school. As a grownup, you have to find self-motivation. That's tough when -- if your schools were like mine -- you weren't trained to train yourself.
......
See more about this question in:http://ask.metafilter.com/91364/Help-me-Im-a-late-adopter
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment